Sign in to follow this  
gho3st

EFT clan event

gho3st

i have 2 EOD accounts i only play on one which leaves the other to be used as a clan event winnings prize or something....... i was thinking we could do a gamma container giveaway every 2 weeks since thats how long it takes to reset account profile let me know what you guys think could also giveaway any other of the things given in EOD

frankieg92

Maverick V6

Gamma giveaways will not happen as that is an unfair way to exploit the reset mechanic to unbalance the loot economy within EFT. 

I agree that we need to find some community events for EFT. I am always willing to hear suggestions. Our biggest struggle is that we have zero control of servers so it’s hard to host our own in game events. Ideas have been discussed in the past such as a XP event that would allow members to have a week to obtain their highest single match XP run and the highest score wins. Or an event where our whole community spawns in solo on a map and whomever has the most UWS member kills/tags by the end of the event wins. Stuff like this in intriguing but in EFTs current state it would be hard to validate and control fully. 

Prizes will be available in some form or another. However, gamma container give aways is not something our community will partake in as for reasons stated above. 

Maverick V6

DeathScythe

What if we do something like a macarov  to riches type event. 

Set a a time frame say a week or two. Then have members take a screenshot before entering a raid showing that they only have a Mac, mags, and Ammo. Then their off to do what ever they want, but upon a successful escape they now take a pic of their loot. Then over the course of the competition they can post that screen shot and at the end the staff could vote on which one got the most epic haul, or just price it out for a grand total. 

The prizes could be a weapons crate full of a gun of their choosing or just a straight rub prize, or maybe a key bar full of keys. Something that we would think would bring lots of friendly competition. 

The Velvet Gentleman

With the game in its current state all events are very hard to control, and more importantly referee. We could do factory stomps; spawn in as a five man with the same gear, kill the remaining players as a group and then have some deathmatch action. I hate factory but it would be the closest we could come to having an empty server (aside from scavs/player scavs). 

• Like 1

Justen

what about matches where we trade team lead roles each go, team lead determines who brings in what gear and how me move and where we go, its rather aggravating when nobody can make up there minds where we want to go and sound like women deciding where to eat

The Velvet Gentleman

That doesn't really sound like an event... I think the idea was more along the lines of something to be judged and the handing out of prizes and such.

Now I would like to see tactical / RP channels at some point, hopefully with the addition of in-game VOIP. Without VOIP it's kind of pointless. 

TheAverageJoe

Here's a mixture of events I'm currently drafting up in my head in order to give myself something to do at work:

Scavenger Hunt (Can be for Prizes): Have players look for random items that would normally not show up in a stash or in a normal loot run. For example, W"e're having a BBQ, but the grill needs propane and a lighter." So bring back a Propane tank and a Zibbo lighter. OR "I need to hurry up and repair a wall in my base. Bring me a drill and 2 packs of screws" OR "I'm building a new computer to hack into Scav intel. Bring me a PSU and a CPU to finish the project." The first one to bring back the said items wins the event.

Secret Service (Got this idea from playing it in Fortnite) (not sure how award prizes for this one): You go into a raid with 4 fully geared players (Secret Service) and one player with no gear(Mr./Mrs. President) (No hatchet either maybe?). The Secret Service must work together to protect the President at all costs. 

Speaking of Fortnite, EFT Battle Royale (Prize potential): 5 players go into a game with hatchets only and must use only the loot they find to become the last player standing. I see quite a few hatchlings dying to scavs or other players early, but In fortnite and PUBG, half of the 100 die before the first circle closes so it makes sense. You could give out 5 chances to make it to a final round of 5 and give prizes to the winner of the last one. 

Best Loot challenge(prize potential): You go into a raid with all regular gear and an MBSS. Map and trader are decided (Let's say Prapor and Customs for example) You have to go into the decided map and fill your bag with loot that the specific trader will value most. The person that makes the most money from a raid wins. (if you die you get a DQ) You could also go in as a 5 man squad to decrease your chances of dying. 

If you need more event ideas, I'll try to keep thinking of some. 

Maverick V6

Some of these could be incorporated in the future with the Soon ™ to be implemented Clan system. However, I feel that a majority of these ideas feel more like squad based challenges and not so much community events.  Again, the main issue that has limited these events is that there are too many limitations with monitoring/controlling the events or making sure they are honest. 

I would not be surprised if they add a system similar to Contract Wars where Clans would earn XP slowly as its members played and earned their own XP. As Clan XP is earned, it could potentially unlock new features or skills that would be shared by members of the Clan. Of course there will also be the chance of there being a =UWS= Flea Market in which we can have "runners" find items and gear to supply the =UWS= store. 

Many things will change in the near future. Exciting. 

TheAverageJoe

@Maverick V6 I tried to incorporate some events based on what we currently can do. I think the presence of other players would be interesting and add an additional challenge when completing the event. I have a long list of events that wouldn't net any prizes, but could be a good way to get people to meet as many people as they can in UWS.

Maverick V6

@TheAverageJoe

Feel free to come chat with me or send me your ideas. We can also see about hosting weekly night challenges (every Friday as an example) that those that wish to participate can have fun with. No prizes will be given for these apart from having fun and working as a community. We will at a later time hopefully have the resources to have larger community events that could yield prizes . Thanks!

TheAverageJoe

@Maverick V6 I should be on tonight. If I see you online, I'll hunt you down and share everything I have. 

rustyneedle_uk
On 5/23/2018 at 2:48 PM, TheAverageJoe said:

Here's a mixture of events I'm currently drafting up in my head in order to give myself something to do at work:

Scavenger Hunt (Can be for Prizes): Have players look for random items that would normally not show up in a stash or in a normal loot run. For example, W"e're having a BBQ, but the grill needs propane and a lighter." So bring back a Propane tank and a Zibbo lighter. OR "I need to hurry up and repair a wall in my base. Bring me a drill and 2 packs of screws" OR "I'm building a new computer to hack into Scav intel. Bring me a PSU and a CPU to finish the project." The first one to bring back the said items wins the event.

Secret Service (Got this idea from playing it in Fortnite) (not sure how award prizes for this one): You go into a raid with 4 fully geared players (Secret Service) and one player with no gear(Mr./Mrs. President) (No hatchet either maybe?). The Secret Service must work together to protect the President at all costs. 

Speaking of Fortnite, EFT Battle Royale (Prize potential): 5 players go into a game with hatchets only and must use only the loot they find to become the last player standing. I see quite a few hatchlings dying to scavs or other players early, but In fortnite and PUBG, half of the 100 die before the first circle closes so it makes sense. You could give out 5 chances to make it to a final round of 5 and give prizes to the winner of the last one. 

Best Loot challenge(prize potential): You go into a raid with all regular gear and an MBSS. Map and trader are decided (Let's say Prapor and Customs for example) You have to go into the decided map and fill your bag with loot that the specific trader will value most. The person that makes the most money from a raid wins. (if you die you get a DQ) You could also go in as a 5 man squad to decrease your chances of dying. 

If you need more event ideas, I'll try to keep thinking of some. 

i like these, keep the ideas coming 

VIP is similar pistol and light armour protected by your squad

MistDreamer

Yeah VIP is an awesome idea. Gives purpose to the game. 

Ideas of structured missions scenarios you take raids on could be an amazing idea. 

Heres an idea. Get 5 guys togeather. 4 in raid 1 streaming 1 the narrator. Or mission control.

Missions control will give objects to be reach. He will broad cast using channel commander to the squad leader. Then squad leader needs to relay those commands.

Command might be to patrol a section for hostiles (large map) have to raid x building, must extract at x location. 

Mission  Parameters everyone must go silent. Orders can change in the fly. But mission control must be fair and make the raid more challenging. This could give a streamer a cool edge also.

Maverick V6

@MistDreamer

I agree wholeheartedly that events for EFT could be fun. However, in the current state of the game there are too many variables out of our control. Sure, you could accomplish something like a VIP or narrated streamed event but this is only viable for a 5 man group and wouldn’t really make this a community oriented event. It would be fun to do in a small 5 man squad. There are plenty of us that make small events within our own gaming sessions. It is fun, but to call something like this a community event wouldn’t work. In time they (BSG) are reportedly going to allow “offline” servers where you and a bunch of friends can team up. In this scenario something could be drafted to make these events more controllable. Arena and open world will come at some point as well. Not to mention the in game Clan system which can bring a lot of unique features. 

EFT events are something I have always thought about but have yet to find a cool and efficient way to implement it.