Sign in to follow this  
SkullCracker

Youtube TV ?

SkullCracker

So I kicked cable to the curb about 5 months ago. Right now I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Sling. Well, Sling is pissing me off so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for its replacement. I was looking at Youtube TV but not sure. Also thought about a Firestick and putting this software on it, not Kodi, the one my buddy has is better just can't recall the name.

Let me know, thanks.

ProphetBeal

I've heard good things about YT TV, but haven't personally used it. Have you tried a good ol antenna? I can get a good amount of TV for free with my antenna (but I'm also in the metro NYC area).  You can check out antennaweb for a bunch of info on antenna and what kind of signal you can get from your address.  I used to use Windows Media Center as my DVR, but these days its easier to get content from Hulu and the like. 

SkullCracker
3 hours ago, ProphetBeal said:

I've heard good things about YT TV, but haven't personally used it. Have you tried a good ol antenna? I can get a good amount of TV for free with my antenna (but I'm also in the metro NYC area).  You can check out antennaweb for a bunch of info on antenna and what kind of signal you can get from your address.  I used to use Windows Media Center as my DVR, but these days its easier to get content from Hulu and the like. 

I have a Mohu antenna which works for local stations and old TV shows. But I like having options when I do watch TV. With all I have it's not costing me anywhere near the $245 a month cable was. I'll try Youtube TV, it's free for 7 days.

• Like 1

Wolfesscythe

I have the Kodi, and it absolutely fucking sucks. Whatever your buddy has, I hope it's a LOT better than Kodi.

I don't know anything about YoutubeTV. If you don't have a chromecast device, I would definitely recommend the investment. I have one on every TV in my house. I'll cast my netflix, youtube, or this other thing I have called Videostream to it.

Videostream will let you stream all sorts of shit from your PC to your chromecast. So I'll just torrent what I wanna see (Works better than Kodi, apparently.) And videostream it.

CA8OOS3

I use directTV now.. $35 per month and i get a good amount of channels. I mainly only watch Discovery and History Channel, wife watches HGTV ...i feel its good. still have netflix for the kids and amazon prime of course but i also have MotorTrendOnDemand...

SkullCracker

SYFY and AMC are the two important channels for us. SLING offers them but we have issues with the quality of the picture coming in. And it's not just on one TV it's on all of them. So I must try something that has those two in their channel listing. As for Cobra Kai, I thought I heard something about it but didn't pay attention. That type of show isn't my thing.

mikeshean11

You should give a try to Terrarium tv. Just install terrarium tv on Firestick and you are all set. This terrarium tv website https://downloadterrariumtvapp.com/ has legit information about terrarium tv.

0xygenthief

I think the way to go is Kodi as long as you are using a vpn.  Get the placenta and/or neptune rising add-ons (free).  And watch just about any show or movie known to man.  There will be times when you can't get a good source or the sources available are not the greatest quality.  It comes with the territory.  

The learning curve is high and you need to stay on top of which add-ons are not being targeted, right now placenta and neptune rising are the most reliable.  That may change in a month or a year, who knows.  The great thing is you can do a google search for "what is the best Kodi add-on currently"  narrow the results and you will get a post/video providing the name and instalation instructions for the new "best" add-on, best meaning most reliable.

If you need a primer I'd be happy to help you out SkullCracker...

I wouldn't recommend youtube anything because of Google's desire to censor conservative views across the board.  I can't get behind supporting any company that does that.

ratan

This is really great article and informative post kindly check

meku

better to go for firestick with youtube addon. you probably love this combo. the reason for this combo is you can also watch movies and serials and also can play games using firestick. and if you face any issue regarding firestick configuration with youtube you can  take help from https://www.firesticktricks.com/youtube-firestick.html . i have configured my firestick by using this guide :)

northofnowhere

I have FireSticks in all rooms, we kicked Cable completely for a year, wife made us go back, she can't handle the choices on my setup with FireSticks.  We did DirectTV stream service for a year at $30-$35 and you can't beat the channel lineup for live TV for that price, and the interactive guide makes it feel like the Cable company service.  I also use Kodi, but don't consider it reliable, have to switch setups every month when a provider goes under, just not worth the headache.