Jump to content
Vex

UWS Tanoa Server Bugs and Issues

Recommended Posts

The Velvet Gentleman

Yep. I had an inkling something was off when I flew it out of my base and noticed it had 1/4 of a tank. I had left it on my helipad while the server reset and I got some food. I filled it up and took it out again with Homo in tow, turned the engine off in a field to kill some baddies, came back 30 minutes later to an empty tank. It's sitting there now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Velvet Gentleman

Armed Hunter I got as a reward (non-pin) for the mission "armed robbers" sold for 0 tabs. 

Roadkilling AI gives -5 respect. 

The weapons dealer sells the 338 Mar-10 at level 3 but he doesn't sell the mags until level 4.

Some more evidence of naked men and friendly fire. I had just peeked up over this ridge. There were only 5 men remaining. I'm not sure why the muzzle flashes are there, the guns were not firing. 

ArmA 3 Screenshot 2018.05.09 - 22.05.09.06.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drizzit1aa

Is ping 9999 a bad thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Velvet Gentleman
4 minutes ago, Drizzit1aa said:

Is ping 9999 a bad thing?

That's perfect. You want at least 5000 ping to play smoothly. The higher the better. 

But, you'll occasionally see high pings like that initially or in the server browser (it only pings once from what I understand). Aside from that, unless you're downloading something in the background, the network has been pretty stable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drizzit1aa

not sure I understand this game. is it normal for the server to restart very so often to where you have to wait an hour? So far I have actually got to run around to find guns and such twice the first time I was shot by another player and lost what I had like EFT, sucks but cool respawned and started to collect more stuff, second time I restarted the game I started with nothing. I know for a fact  there is a lot I am not getting yet but that really isn't my kind of fun to have to wait for an hour and loose what I have accumulated am I doing something wrong?. ... ping went down to 77 btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vex
1 hour ago, Drizzit1aa said:

not sure I understand this game. is it normal for the server to restart very so often to where you have to wait an hour? So far I have actually got to run around to find guns and such twice the first time I was shot by another player and lost what I had like EFT, sucks but cool respawned and started to collect more stuff, second time I restarted the game I started with nothing. I know for a fact  there is a lot I am not getting yet but that really isn't my kind of fun to have to wait for an hour and loose what I have accumulated am I doing something wrong?. ... ping went down to 77 btw.

Restart is every 3 hours right now; and the restart should only take about 5 minutes. If that. 

It is a survival based game. If you want, i can hop in a play with ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drizzit1aa
Posted (edited)

@Vex only have a half hour before bed, tomorrow we can if your on. I usually go on comp. after work around 5:30ish CST.

Edited by Drizzit1aa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vex
1 minute ago, Drizzit1aa said:

@Vex only have a half hour before bed, tomorrow we can if your on. I usually go on comp. after work around 5:30ish CST.

Sounds good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drizzit1aa

@Vex Sorry bro, rough day today and need to wake up @ 3AM, going to head to bed early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vex
32 minutes ago, Drizzit1aa said:

@Vex Sorry bro, rough day today and need to wake up @ 3AM, going to head to bed early. 

No biggie, im actually going too go out tonight! :amaze::rainbow_puke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justen
On 5/10/2018 at 5:50 PM, Drizzit1aa said:

not sure I understand this game. is it normal for the server to restart very so often to where you have to wait an hour? So far I have actually got to run around to find guns and such twice the first time I was shot by another player and lost what I had like EFT, sucks but cool respawned and started to collect more stuff, second time I restarted the game I started with nothing. I know for a fact  there is a lot I am not getting yet but that really isn't my kind of fun to have to wait for an hour and loose what I have accumulated am I doing something wrong?. ... ping went down to 77 btw.

 

Im the one that shot you to death, and i was actually trying to get close enough to you to use in game voice to see if you wanted to join our crew(me and velvet gentlemen.) until you decided to shoot at velvet as he was touching down in the helicopter. Once you fire at us all bets are off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Velvet Gentleman

You could have joined the glorious army of Touchbuttland! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drizzit1aa
18 hours ago, Justen said:

 

Im the one that shot you to death, and i was actually trying to get close enough to you to use in game voice to see if you wanted to join our crew(me and velvet gentlemen.) until you decided to shoot at velvet as he was touching down in the helicopter. Once you fire at us all bets are off.

lol, that's cool I was just playing around, still trying to figure this game out. I believe I was in TS at that time. When you kill someone I hope you get to loot them. I had a nifty sniper rifle I had just found.. How did you find me? See me running around town from the chopper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Velvet Gentleman

Actually I was picking him up in the chopper. I didn't see you at all. I didn't bother to clear my LZ properly with only one other person online. If I hadn't had backup already inbound you probably would have gotten me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justen

I saw you running around town, was trying to follow you and get close enough to talk but be behind cover in case you were a pirate, turns out you were, so I had to shoot you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kompton07

Any idea as to why in the exile server my base falls apart? First time it was 1 floor so I fixed it real quick and just now my hole base looks like a Dali painting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trunkz Jr
4 minutes ago, Kompton07 said:

Any idea as to why in the exile server my base falls apart? First time it was 1 floor so I fixed it real quick and just now my hole base looks like a Dali painting.

Yikers.

I'm sure @raingod or @The Velvet Gentleman will be able to investigate, thanks for the feedback tho we are looking for bugs like these 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
raingod
Posted (edited)

@The Velvet Gentleman has been running with it after getting it initially running.  But word of advice, don't drink and build!

Edited by raingod
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kompton07
21 minutes ago, Trunkz Jr said:

Yikers.

I'm sure @raingod or @The Velvet Gentleman will be able to investigate, thanks for the feedback tho we are looking for bugs like these 👍

it stayed messed up for the 10 mins I was around the base then after a tree killed me I came back and it was fine. seems like it was just catching up to the server restart and rebuilding my placements.  Next time I'll grab some screenshots and wait a bit to see if it happens again.  Sorry for not looking into it a little longer 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Velvet Gentleman
2 minutes ago, Kompton07 said:

it stayed messed up for the 10 mins I was around the base then after a tree killed me I came back and it was fine. seems like it was just catching up to the server restart and rebuilding my placements.  Next time I'll grab some screenshots and wait a bit to see if it happens again.  Sorry for not looking into it a little longer 1st.

It takes a while after a restart for the bases to fix themselves. I'm not sure why they sometimes go wonky but they always seem to get back in order in around 5 minutes after a restart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kompton07

battle eye kicks for towing along with jumping in the friendly airlines chopper. everything is up to date and checked on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us

Powered By

×