Suggested Mods: 

• Enhanced Movement 

Implemented: 

• Add Axe's too Tools
  • View settings in XM8

Coming Soon:

• Battle-eye integration
  • Loot spawn fixes
  • Overall Health / Player Status bar ( Food, Water, Health, etc)

Denied:

Filleh   
Filleh
Posted (edited)

Right now i think the server is really good even though there arent many mods yet but the fps is really good, prolly cuz there werent any players but still good. What i think should be fixed is the day and night cycle, i think that it should be more day than night. I think alot of people would want that. 

What i think should be in the server:

Edited by Filleh

Gunslinger   
Gunslinger

I was on last night and have some comments, nothing serious.

For the time being I suggest introducing zombies (I'll also vote for it on the poll (if I can find it) it's good for farming respect as well.

Also there's a severe lack of vehicles, especially in the south of the map, also maybe instead allowing you to spawn a bicycle to get to things a little faster.

I believe the day night cycle is ok but of course that's just my opinion.

I like the server itself, no frame drops, really propper and good quality, even when playing from the EU.

Vex   
Vex
On 4/23/2018 at 6:28 AM, Filleh said:

Right now i think the server is really good even though there arent many mods yet but the fps is really good, prolly cuz there werent any players but still good. What i think should be fixed is the day and night cycle, i think that it should be more day than night. I think alot of people would want that. 

What i think should be in the server:

11 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

I was on last night and have some comments, nothing serious.

For the time being I suggest introducing zombies (I'll also vote for it on the poll (if I can find it) it's good for farming respect as well.

Also there's a severe lack of vehicles, especially in the south of the map, also maybe instead allowing you to spawn a bicycle to get to things a little faster.

I believe the day night cycle is ok but of course that's just my opinion.

I like the server itself, no frame drops, really propper and good quality, even when playing from the EU.

Thank you for the input! We appreciate it! 

raingod   
raingod

Thanks for the input,

JBox88   
JBox88

Posting this again. Hoping this isn't spam as the first one was supposedly deleted by mistake. 

Few notes and suggestions:

Server ping seems high for me, noting that I'm on the west coast in the US (ping is 140ms last I checked)
Suggestion: Please show health without going into some menu (e.g. such as with water/food level) if possible
Collision damage is way too high. On initially starting, I just about died from hitting a bush in a quad (this is often an issue with Arma 3 in general, but if it can be changed, please do so, especially on the new map). 
Suggestion: Lower respect requirements for purchasing first aid - I immediately had difficulty simply healing myself after a mission attempt and it takes way too long to farm the 9k+ requirement currently set
Suggestion: I've not played Exile in awhile, but if I recall, users must have an axe to harvest wood for a base. I didn't see on in the hardware store
Suggestion: Hardware store respect requirements are too high overall. Somethings can take longer to get, but the basis such as the saw should be immediately available in my opinion. 
Suggestion: Upon starting, I noticed random loot generation is horrible. It took me quite some time to locate a simple backpack in several respawn attempts and I never located a decent gun. I had to go to the safezone to purchase a 5.56 junk AR to attempt a mission. 
Suggestion: Mission difficult seems okay, but for new players they're tough. I suggest having more missions and ensuring at least a couple at any given time are simpler. Less reward, but easier for solo players or newer groups/players to go after. 
Suggestion: Lower respect requirement for some vehicles (e.g. Jeep). If I'm going to go around and try to harvest loot for sale, I need something besides a quad of tractor, at the very least a jeep would be appreciated. 
Suggestion: Zombies :D - Personally I've always been a big fan of zombies. The only problem is getting the mods to work. I had an exile server working with a zombie mod about a year or two ago, but it took so much effort keeping everything working after each update that I finally got sick of it and stopped the server. But if possible, they're tons of fun! 

This is all from a few hours of playing on the server, I didn't see more than a handful of players on at the same time. But my biggest issue is starting fresh. Even after completing a solo mission, I didn't get almost any building material. And the material I got was basically garbage (just a few wood walls, foundation). The only thing that made it worth it was the gear the NPCs dropped, but when I sold it all, I only came out with maybe 3-4k pops worth (basically garbage). I did finally feel that I had enough gear to start a base so it was worth storing, but without an axe I couldn't even do that. Ultimately I get the feeling it is way too difficult and time consuming to gather enough supplies to start a base and if I died I would likely lose what I took a long time to get, thus leave the server. First impressions so far ^. 

JBox88   
JBox88
Posted (edited)

Also a quick note - performance seemed questionable. At times I was the only player online, yet the server took at least 20-30 seconds to load loot into zones I traveled into. 

As I've not gotten into base building yet and raiding. My suggestion there is to make it more difficult to take down bases. Having someone spawn in a 50 cal and easily destroy walls for example easily kills server population. Nothing worse than coming online to find your base completely destroyed and knowing the perp responsible likely didn't go through much to do it. I also know there is (or was) mods that prevented offline raiding, might be worth looking into that. 

Edited by JBox88

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr

@raingod can check these suggestions out

raingod   
raingod
Posted (edited)

Currently, the loot, respect any many of the input mentioned above are currently at defaults.

I was going to do those last as I am still working on porting the old Exad mod to the server so that it works under 1.0.4 of Exile.  The one feature it has is the status bar that will allow you to see health and much more at the bottom of your screen.  You can even customize the status bar for the colors and what appears for the status as well.

As for the collision damage, that is an aram thing. 

Yes you can harvest wood with axe,  I added to the tools.

As for the ping, not sure what can be done with that.   The server is in Chicago and even I get a high ping, 73-80 and I am not far from that location.  It could be the hosting server.

Once we turn on battleye, it will add more overhead, currently I have it off.

Edited by raingod

frankieg92   
frankieg92

Could we not change the configs for the vehicles ie add more health or change the damage they receive i remember doing this on a private server so could be an idea if people are finding the vehicles to weak on that map.  

raingod   
raingod

I believe there is a setting to select a random fuel and damage level for the spawned vehicles.

If you want every random vehicle that is spawned to have no damage, can do that but then defeats the point of having dynamic conditions.

• Like 1

Minos   
Minos

I have yet to hop on the server myself, but from previous experience, I would avoid the whole zombie thing.  From my past experiences with servers, zombies rarely works well.  Not sure if there has been better mods made since then, but I remember them causing FPS issues, and just being glitchy as a whole.  

Vex   
Vex
55 minutes ago, raingod said:

I believe there is a setting to select a random fuel and damage level for the spawned vehicles.

If you want every random vehicle that is spawned to have no damage, can do that but then defeats the point of having dynamic conditions.

Maybe limit it to like 60 or 65 % health at a minimum? 

Not sure if it affects trader resale value or not, I believe it was a mod on an old server i played on that degraded value based on damage. 

Rin   
Rin
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Vex said:

Maybe limit it to like 60 or 65 % health at a minimum? 

Not sure if it affects trader resale value or not, I believe it was a mod on an old server i played on that degraded value based on damage. 

they dont.

Edited by Rin

raingod   
raingod
6 hours ago, Rin said:

they dont.

It can be changed, just override the trader but its a bitch when you start overriding all the exile functions.

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

NiArms is better than CUP unless something has changed. Anything other than the vanilla "future" weapons would be great. RHS, RHS, RHS, RHS, RHS.

I played for a few hours tonight and performance was solid, but that's to be expected without any additional mods. I've never been a big fan of Exile and would have liked to see something that wasn't so player dependant like Antistasi with RHS (both of which are still heavily supported) or something similar, but that's another topic. To make Exile interesting without a playerbase there needs to be something else going on beyond the occasional "kill x number of AI in the poorly placed hbar structure". Personally I hate zombies, and Arma zombies are the worst flavor they come in, so if there were AI enemy patrols or many, many more missions to do I'd probably spend more time on the server. 

• Like 1

Rin   
Rin
5 hours ago, raingod said:

It can be changed, just override the trader but its a bitch when you start overriding all the exile functions.

Yep and you shouldn't have to.

CryStiQ   
CryStiQ

The AI are wayyyy too OP, 1 shot and i died without even knowing it...
Soo:

-Turn the Aimbot hax for AI down a bit :P

Vex   
Vex
3 hours ago, CryStiQ said:

The AI are wayyyy too OP, 1 shot and i died without even knowing it...
Soo:

-Turn the Aimbot hax for AI down a bit :P

I believe these have already been edited a bit. The mission difficulty plays a HUGE role in how smart the AI are. If you look on your map at the bottom left there is a difficulty rating scale. 

The idea is being tossed up too add more easier missions as well. 

MasterReach   
MasterReach

I've had some rare cases in Exiles to where I join the server in load in game out in the middle of the ocean. nothing too bad because you can just respawn and look back in fine but still something that should be looked into so it's less annoying to deal.

raingod   
raingod
30 minutes ago, MasterReach said:

I've had some rare cases in Exiles to where I join the server in load in game out in the middle of the ocean. nothing too bad because you can just respawn and look back in fine but still something that should be looked into so it's less annoying to deal.

So I take it that you don't know how to swim...it may have been because you crashed, server stopped before it recorded your last location, due to that it just spawned you in the ocean.   This spawning is exile framework but will try to track down the scenario that causes this, then send Exile team a fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

Adding the ability to load crates in trucks would be a godsend. As would enhanced movement + advanced urban rappelling. 

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

RHS, the greatest modset to grace A3, please. Actual weapons / gear with very well made models. 

843577117_preview_29695262475_aaa0c20cd5_o.jpg

The Velvet Gentleman   
The Velvet Gentleman

Another mod request: VCOM. It's really disappointing to see AI that just go prone or crouch instead of moving to cover. 

And for those that think the AI is too OP.... VCOM would only affect their tactics, not accuracy. Range and accuracy are server / mission settings.