Col-Squirrel

Who's Ready for Some More Content!!!!

Col-Squirrel
Posted (edited)

All right guys, tons of interesting things coming to Battlefield 1 in the coming months.  Lets break it down:

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/road-ahead-for-battlefield-1-quick-ops-map-giveaways

First up is the confirmed items:

• Rupture free for all players now (started today)
  • Another map or two from the French DLC will be made free as well
  • Shock Operations - single map operations on 5 maps that were never part of an operation
    • Giant's Shadow, Prise de Tahure, Lupkow Pass, Zeebrugge, and River Somme
    • These maps on this game mode are free for all players
    • Coming in June, testing on the CTE right now

Now for the WIP items:

• 8 new weapon variants (mentioned in a post a while back)
  • Switchable weapons, 1903 Infantry(its the experimental, but you can take out the Pedersen device to turn it into bolt action)  and General Liu (goes from semi auto to bolt action as the weapon did in real life)
    • Testing on the CTE right now

And lastly, newly found weapons in the CTE code that could be coming soon!

• The Thompson Annihilator, Thompson M1919, Winchester Burton LMR, Mosin Nagant M38, Fedorov Degtyarev, and Single Action Army Revolver

Also a folder for the BAR 1918A2 has been spotted, this is the BAR that was used during WW2 (hint from DICE for the next game?)

Edited by Col-Squirrel

Brien

I don't like all these guns that weren't actually used and now guns made completely after the war ended? cumon dice

SecretSquirrel43

Well at least its not totally abandoned :D. IDK @Brienif you look into several of guns in BF1 many of them fall into: 

Made at end of war - never really saw combat

Cool but actually performed like shit

So I don't care too much. More free maps = more noobs around on those maps = more points

Wolfesscythe
On 4/20/2018 at 1:16 PM, Brien said:

I don't like all these guns that weren't actually used and now guns made completely after the war ended? cumon dice

That hits the nail on the head of where they fucked up BF1. A whole lot of weapons that aren't era accurate, implemented under the guise of "Experimental". And a lot of weapons that may have actually existed, but were total shit weapons. I'd love to see these experimental weapons and shit actually have their realistic percentage to jam, making them a gamble to use. Thus, everyone sticks to the lever and bolt action weapons.

SecretSquirrel43
On 4/21/2018 at 8:37 PM, Wolfesscythe said:

That hits the nail on the head of where they fucked up BF1. A whole lot of weapons that aren't era accurate, implemented under the guise of "Experimental". And a lot of weapons that may have actually existed, but were total shit weapons. I'd love to see these experimental weapons and shit actually have their realistic percentage to jam, making them a gamble to use. Thus, everyone sticks to the lever and bolt action weapons.

While a neat idea, I think that is more suited to a hyper-realistic game then BF1. Doing so would allow for a huge amount of RNG to affect every gunfight, and it would allow the "worse" player to win even if they don't deserve to. In a game that rewards skill, I don't think its a mechanic that would work or be received well.

• Like 1

Minos

I think BF1 going WWI was there biggest mistake due to a lack of poor execution.  What is the point of a WWI game if it plays NOTHING like WWI?  Now I am not trying to be some uber realism kind of guy, but I just think if they knew they were gonna add these automatic weapons... then why didn't they just do a WW2 game?  Seems like they wanted to sell this idea of "new and different" game when in reality, BF1 just  played like a watered down WW2 game.

SecretSquirrel43

True. If this game was more "realistic" and more WWI we would all be sitting in trenches on mounted machine guns or bolt actions. I admit it is a unique idea though, not much WWI era shooters. But to make it any fun at all they had to make it more unrealistic. 

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us