Sign in to follow this  
SeondFallen

Gave the free trial a go

SeondFallen

Gave the free trial I saw in forums posted a go and well, I enjoyed it for the most part. Immense scale, and interesting design. I have been following Star Citizen for about a year now, watching its progress and decided to jump on the free trial. I understand it is still in Alpha, and that is why I can kind of forgive the constant crashes. Tried for two days to make it to a planets surface to pick up a shipment, first go round crashed while landing, (crashed as in game crashed) second time I made it to surface and was in the process of picking up the shipment when it crashed again. Third time supposed to be the charm but got caught up in a really neat fight with two others above the planet, myself and a friendly and an outlaw I believe. Really enjoyed the dogfight up till as I was trying to do a point strafing run over the outlaw my game crashed again. So in conclusion, I will be giving the game a little while longer before I invest in it. I really do hope they can pull it off and make it more stable. I will be checking back for updates on stability as time goes on, and will still follow the development. Hopefully one day I can justify the investment and make the purchase.

rifledude

That's all a fair assessment.

At this point in the games development, stability comes secondary to the core features. As a result, playing Star Citizen at this time can be completely hit or miss. My game doesn't crash, but I don't get over 30fps. Sometimes the textures freak out and disappear. Each person has a different experience because we all are running different hardware.

• Like 1

Wolfesscythe

For you guys who have played it, thus far. Got an estimate for the ETA of the full release?

Plagueis
7 hours ago, Wolfesscythe said:

For you guys who have played it, thus far. Got an estimate for the ETA of the full release?

2022 is my guess, but there's no set release date from SC.  I think we have 2 more years before getting to the beta stage then an additional 2 more years before the full launch.  It's getting there though, but the magnitude of this game is ridiculous and nothing out there now or probably ever will match it for years to come.  I'm in no rush for it to come out, I'm looking forward to an awesome game one day.  Hopefully by the time SC is released I won't be retired from gaming.    LOL

Trunkz Jr
9 minutes ago, Plagueis said:

2022 is my guess, but there's no set release date from SC.  I think we have 2 more years before getting to the beta stage then an additional 2 more years before the full launch.  It's getting there though, but the magnitude of this game is ridiculous and nothing out there now or probably ever will match it for years to come.  I'm in no rush for it to come out, I'm looking forward to an awesome game one day.  Hopefully by the time SC is released I won't be retired from gaming.    LOL

You mean you aren't already Retired from it? lol 

• Haha 1