Sign in to follow this  
SkullCracker

AMD’s second-gen Ryzen CPUs are topping 5.8GHz when overclocked

SkullCracker

I'm sure they'll do great on a liquid cooled set up.

ProphetBeal

Good to see AMD making waves again. I just (like a month ago) retired my FX 8350, but opted for an i7-8700k over a Ryzen 7

• Like 1

SkullCracker

I'm happy as can be right now. And not sure if people have heard or not. Nvidia is being looked into by the EU and FTC.....LMAO. While I like Nvidia I don't like shady companies who try screwing the competition. 

• Like 1

SinisterVirtue

Both had to be subjected to exotic cooling—liquid nitrogen, or LN2—in order to reach 5.8GHz and higher, so obviously running the new chips at that speed is not the least bit practical. We'll have to wait and see how they perform on air and traditional water cooling.

SkullCracker
13 minutes ago, SinisterVirtue said:

Both had to be subjected to exotic cooling—liquid nitrogen, or LN2—in order to reach 5.8GHz and higher, so obviously running the new chips at that speed is not the least bit practical. We'll have to wait and see how they perform on air and traditional water cooling.

The great thing here is it can hit those speeds unlike before. While it may be on nitrogen and not a normal air or liquid cooled set up I'm still impressed.

• Like 1