Dusty_Vance41288

RATE OF FIRE TIES TO FPS

Dusty_Vance41288   
Dusty_Vance41288

Video shows that rate of fire is not true for any of the weapons and if you have horrible FPS it is even lower. 

Maverick V6   
Maverick V6

Below is another video that highlights the one above. Below that is my response:

D2961593-0969-4E9A-835D-3E1DA92E9DD4.png

Dusty_Vance41288   
Dusty_Vance41288
Posted (edited)

I love the game I know they will fix lol 

I didn't tag bigfry video he like has it out for this game 

Edited by Dusty_Vance41288

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

Supposedly this has been known by the veterans/devs for quite some time from what I've read. The RPM's being tied in with FPS certainly has real affect on combat and that's a shame. But, I've been playing with it the entire time. And I've enjoyed myself a hell of a lot even with it. That says something when all the faults don't negate the absolute blast you having playing. It can only go up from where were at.

I will say reading Klean's response to this just now wasn't very motivating, "this will be resolved as more optimization passes happen increasing the frame rate." I'm sitting here going, please god no, they're going to untangle RPM/FPS at least at some point, right? Please just say that even if its a lie. lmao. :triggered:

I agree with Mav the salt on reddit and other areas is exhausting on some of the same ole redundant topics. Server performance, lag, hit detection, we get it, great. They're working on it, obviously. It's not something you see immediate results on. But the hivemind is going to hive. That sub is toxic as hell. I'd find it much more enjoyable to see a majorty of posts on how this design choice could be better, or why this certain aspect is bad, and see real discussions about that. But mainly it comes back to lag, servers, hit detection ect.. Tiresome.

At the end of the day, I've got to say for a small Russian team, their vision is grand and the very limited testing version we get to play on is an absolute blast. More than I can say for some other trash games fully released that I barely even touched after the first few hours.

Rin   
Rin

Lets say you've got 30 FPS aka 33.3ms, That is not just how fast you render but also how you communicate with the server, See your internet speed / rates affect your FPS too.

Now lets do an imaginary scenario here,  Your frames / ms drops below a good threshold lets say either you spike or you play from here on with 1 fps, That means entering every next second you send 1ms commands to the server. That means that every second you fire 1 bullet.

So that would require lets say 30 / 31 seconds to empty a 30 round clip. What should the server do carry on spraying because the last command you gave the server was left click? Or literaly only take the input it can verify thus fire 1 shot every second because you now have 1 frame?

Why are people making this into such a big thing EVERY game works the same way, Server understands only code executed, Its not going to create some imaginary code and carry on firing because you lost connection. Would that be possible? sure... Would it be wise? No because the moment you re-establish proper FPS rates you would have an empty clip. Also things to consider i remember older Call of Duty games and even BF games you could jump in places that people with lower FPS couldnt, Same with counterstrike.

Everything this game is experiencing right now is due to non-existent optimization or bad optimization. Which doesnt matter because its not a full product. Save some of the energy is what i say for when they release and you find some of those long lingering issues present then.

Thumpingbeetle   
Thumpingbeetle

After watching and reading through some of these reviews, it seems to me like they are looking for the drama and views. Otherwise these people must miss the understanding of what beta testing is and what stage beta is in the development process.