Sign in to follow this  
Vex

Referrals

Vex

Just an idea; 

I haven't noticed anything on the site that helps you track your referrals to keep tabs on it. I know i have 1 for sure but there is no way to verify it on the user end. Is there any way to implement on the user profiles a section that shows how many total referrals you have if a new member puts you in their application? 

MistDreamer

Are you talking about members giving referrals?

Because all staff can see the application and we talk about it 

Com}{rade

He's talking about recruiting people, something people have on their profile and such to track how many they've brought into the clan I'm assuming.

I will bring it up Vex.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Vex
2 hours ago, Com}{rade said:

He's talking about recruiting people, something people have on their profile and such to track how many they've brought into the clan I'm assuming.

I will bring it up Vex.

Thanks.

Exactly Comrade; Just a way for individual members and others to track their own referrals; as of right now you don't know unless you know exactly who you recruited you have no idea how many referrals you have. Which can be tricky if you are using public forums to recruit. 

MistDreamer

@YchopperY might know of somthing that could tie in with the forums 

• Like 1

YchopperY

I don't think it will be worth to install the referral app at this moment. It's not something we can connect to the Join Us form app, so its another form that the user have to fill up or something that staff needs to manage. :/ 

I will install one  if I see something that will help us but not make our recruitment process more complicated. 

Maverick V6

When I accept applications I always make a note as to whom the applicant listed as their “recruiter”. It’s a manual process and a pain. But I try to give credit where credit is due. 

Vex
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Maverick V6 said:

When I accept applications I always make a note as to whom the applicant listed as their “recruiter”. It’s a manual process and a pain. But I try to give credit where credit is due. 

@Maverick V6That's awesome and appreciated for sure; however if not everybody does that then overall the system seems to be flawed

The only reason i bring this up is because i had to contact comrade to get my recruitment award. I know stuff gets overlooked. There is a lot going on, however; people may not be getting credit where credit is due.

Heres an idea;

Is there a way for when they put in who recruited them it creates a @Mention tag to a forum or in their autopost that the forums automatically creates for them in the welcome threads? Not really sure the limitations of Invision; I'm accustomed to VBulletin. 

Edited by Vex

Rin

Setting up a referral registration shouldn't be that bad as long as it's visible to the owner and admins. But that would have to be during registration to input who referred you or who registered with your link. If it's anything else where there is admin input then that would add not needed work.

• Like 1

YchopperY

We don't really care about the registration, we care if they sign up as a member,

I get why is there a need for it, and I get why you guys want it but I don't want to install something that we are not going to fully use with the system we have in place. 

So I'll take into consideration and think of a way.  

4 hours ago, VexUnchained said:

Is there a way for when they put in who recruited them it creates a @Mention tag to a forum or in their autopost that the forums automatically creates for them in the welcome threads? Not really sure the limitations of Invision; I'm accustomed to VBulletin. 

Not it's not possible. 

• Like 1

Vex
On 4/10/2018 at 3:36 PM, YchopperY said:

We don't really care about the registration, we care if they sign up as a member,

I get why is there a need for it, and I get why you guys want it but I don't want to install something that we are not going to fully use with the system we have in place. 

So I'll take into consideration and think of a way.  

Not it's not possible. 

Thanks for the response Chopper; Makes sense too me. Just wanted too try and relieve some stress off everybody by not doing it hands on. If not; no biggie

SAVAG3 GAM1NG

@VexUnchainedwanted to give you feedback  from someone who used to be a captain for destiny. Admins or any captains have the ability to see who’s recruited. We have a pretty complex systems that tracks a lot of our activity. As Mav said most captains make a note who recruits and remember which players are active and which players make a big difference within their sub community ( community supported game). A very small amount of our members really use the forums which is a shame because we post amazing guides. The point is admins deal with a lot of moving parts man when in the end of the day we all want to get to the important stuff which is gaming. So less work for admins the better 🤙🏻

Vex
6 hours ago, SAVAG3 GAM1NG said:

@VexUnchainedwanted to give you feedback  from someone who used to be a captain for destiny. Admins or any captains have the ability to see who’s recruited. We have a pretty complex systems that tracks a lot of our activity. As Mav said most captains make a note who recruits and remember which players are active and which players make a big difference within their sub community ( community supported game). A very small amount of our members really use the forums which is a shame because we post amazing guides. The point is admins deal with a lot of moving parts man when in the end of the day we all want to get to the important stuff which is gaming. So less work for admins the better 🤙🏻

I know man; hence why i brought up the idea of an automated way of doing it seeing as its all done by hand now. Thanks for the feedback