Floris

Beginner looking for tips

Floris

HI all,

started pubg few days ago and having some struggles, hopefully, some can help me with.

The biggest part is not sure where to drop/land.

I either land in an active area and almost instant die

or

I land in non active area dont see anyone until the 3rd circle and feel really behind in gear.

any help is appreciated :)

VyillEmbrace

There's a couple of us usually in the ts 3 channel most evenings, if you are looking to get some jumps in, in a relaxed group we can show you where we like to land and loot so you have a better idea of where to gear up :)

• Like 2

Drizzit1aa
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, Floris said:

HI all,

started pubg few days ago and having some struggles, hopefully, some can help me with.

The biggest part is not sure where to drop/land.

I either land in an active area and almost instant die

or

I land in non active area dont see anyone until the 3rd circle and feel really behind in gear.

any help is appreciated :)

Here is a heat map of loot and other items of interest, (https://pubgmap.io/ ) red being the highest population. Keeping in mind peeps that play a lot know where to find the good stuff and there for will jump in force at these locations providing the flight path is relatively close. When first starting out you may want to get a little more hang time away from the flight path, or as others have suggested jump in the hot spots and practice. Knowing your going to get shot full of holes in the beginning and excepting, it will help you to stay calm under pressure.

GOOD LUCK!!!

• Like 1

Boggles3

Whatsup Floris,

When I'm playing to win I generally follow the point made on this video. There are a lot of good conceptual ideas here to maximize win chances. he also explains the reasoning behind them so even if you find yourself is a sticky situation you can still use these concept to maximize your chances from the point you are at in the game, even if its not optimal. This says Miramar but the concepts work on all maps.
This really works for me. Made it to rank 311 in solo us in a season sticking to this. I will say that I like going every other season playing super aggressive and getting into as many fights as I can to improve gun-play, reaction time and aim. This strat if done right can get you to top ten easily almost every game, but the bottom line is if you fumble when you must engage in a fight, you are going to die. So make sure and get those practice seasons in so your also battle hardened and ready to go when the shit hits the fan. If you alternate seasons with aggro play then long game play following these strats, you should see improvements each loop.

Have fun, and remember not to get down on yourself when you have a string of bad luck. Theres a lot going on, and sometimes your just fucked :P Evaluate if you could have done anything better and move on.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Vex

That guide is good (watched about half) if you want to try to win; however keep in mind this requires you to know the game mechanics well enough to pull off the final few battles you will run into. I recommend doing hot drops (big cities w/ lots of loot and players) to learn how to use the weapons and such. I thought i was good until i started hot dropping and was losing firefights left and right. You're K/D and W/L will suffer for sure this way but it's the most effect way too get better in my opinion. 

R3D34GL3

1 kilometer away from plane path

Lukasl33t
Posted (edited)

I usually hang out in the TS3 channel for PUBG I prefer Squads or Solos but if you just join a Duo channel and poke me I will be right there. 

Edit: You also have to find out where the bottleneck is, if your aim is the weak link that won't be solved by "just" playing, although I can help you with positioning and your feel for the game as that's what I'm most experienced with.

Edited by Lukasl33t

B_AVE_REEL

It's definitely something that is going to take time to develop. Especially if you were like me and went from console play to pc play. I started out getting extremely aggravated when I would get mowed down out of no where. Then I had to remind myself that this game has been out for over a year and there are going to be growing pains. The guides that the others listed above are awesome starting points. I spent a lot of time watching others play and even going to twitch and watching streams. The best way is just to keep grinding away as well as getting acclimated to the game itself and its mechanics. If you ever see me on TS hit me up and we can struggle learn together! Best of luck!

• Like 1

MetroHulk

Didn't read all of the above posts.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. 

Focusing on winning this early in the process will only lend to your frustration. Enjoy learning. Embrace the grind. Jump hot. Frag out. Jump hot again. Focus on understanding each weapon system and loot pattern. Winning will  come with time. 

Best of luck to you!

If i'm on TS, feel free to hit me up. I'm always down to play with the new guys.