Sign in to follow this  
Maverick V6

EFT PodCast 3/30/2018

Maverick V6

What are you most excited for about the upcoming patch?

Dear Escapers,

We are pleased to present the preliminary patch notes! We thank all of you for your patience and hope you enjoy the changes!

There will be a wipe!

Added:

• Basic tutorial
  • Loading and unloading ammo rounds now requires time
  • Now, the character doesn’t initially know the number of cartridges in the magazine. Check the magazine to see the ammo remaining. Check precision depends on the Mag Drills skill

A full description of the expected behavior: Click here to read more

• New skill Mag Drills
  1.  Speeds up ammo loading
  2. Speeds up ammo unloading
  3. Speeds up magazine checks in inventory
  4. Elite levels allow you to automatically check the mag when you move it in inventory, and make loading even faster
  • Black version of Ops Core Fast helmet
  • Visor toggle mechanics with all audio and visual effects and protection
  • A new type of reward for quests completion - unlocking items for purchase
  • A new type of trade barter - for dogtags.
  • A new type of tactical vest, with armor plates
  • Antialiasing options (2x, 4x) in graphics settings

New location

• Interchange

New equipment

• A wide range of new mods, gear and armor. We will provide more detailed list of equipment later.

AI Improvements:

• Fixed bug when bots were trying to attack the player who exited location

Optimizations:

• Optimization of Shoreline location
  • Client and server optimizations for handling physics
  • Reduced network latency

Fixed:

• Inventory synchronization bugs
  • Bug that allowed to quickly press sprint button thus moving faster without draining the character's stamina
  • Bug with getting damage when falling on a destroyed legs
  • Various fixes to the current skills
  • Generated set of scav exits at Factory that were always closed/required a key. Now there is at least one exit that doesn’t require a key.
  • Correct display of the current armor state over the network
  • Twisted hands of killed characters
  • Various bugs related to sound audibility over great distances
  • The lower left corner of the weapon icon now shows its caliber
  • If you examine an item at dealer or on the body, the equivalent item in the inventory will now get known automatically
  • Examining now goes in parallel on client and server (formerly required a response from the server)
  • Bug that locked weapon interaction after moving the cartridge from the chamber to the mag
  • Bug that locked weapon interaction after moving the cartridge from the chamber to the pile of the same ammo in your inventory
  • Kill List works offline now
  • Armor customization window now displays the resulting armor characteristics according to the installed armor mods.

Changes:

• All mod slots in Weapons inspector are now displayed on one screen without scrolling
  • Additional exceptions to installation of mods on weapons and equipment
  • Rebalance of trader unlock conditions
  • Ammo rebalance (specifications, prices, levels of loyalty)
  • Rebalance of the items’ value, their characteristics, the occupied cells (weapons, armor, mods, gear)
  • Adjusted chances of items’ spawn on locations
  • Partially redesigned rewards for quests
  • Removed skill rollback
  • Added missing numeric values to weapons characteristics
  • Improved rendering of weapons in modification mode
  • Bitcoins can now be stored in money cases
  • The flashlight light ray (cookie) was replaced with a more convenient one
  • Fixed PMCs spawn points at Factory
  • Changed first Skier quest “Supplier”
  • The movement of weapons and hands when turning became more lifelike and more tied to weight and weapons’ ergonomics
  • Helmet damage mechanics - modular hit zones (including face area)
  • Redesigned the sounds of movement on thin metal
  • Basic recoil increased by 20%
  • Different sound settings for active headphones (item)
  • Interface adjustments to improve the readability of texts
  • Chance to get a fracture when hit increased 10%
  • Chance to get a fractured after fall increased 20%
  • Aimpunch is strongly reduced
  • Mods now have various micro-icons

Also, check out BSG's first developer PodCast HERE

• Like 1

polygonica

The whole Mag Drills thing is great: higher-tier vests are pointless when everyone runs 3 mags (1 in the gun, 1 to reload, 1 spare if you're like me and accidentally tactical a lot), and it'll add a lot of realism. Clear magazines would be nice, too. Antialiasing? Sign me up. Interchange? New maps are always great. Black Fast? It's nice having gear that isn't obnoxiously bright -- more colors please. Skill rollback was silly (IMO skills in general are silly, but...). Not sure what the active headphones change is, but I hear they didn't used to work in practice like the description suggested (muffled loud noises, heightened quiet ones), so this is a nice buff to careful players.

Really hyped about the trader rebalances: in a game dominated by coordinated squads bullying every map with endgame gear, the fact that midgame gear is locked behind some steep unlock conditions has been ridiculous.

I'm most excited though about the optimizations to shoreline and network latency in general: it's atrocious how bad these are.

Zaar

Shoreline optimization! Thank the lords above!!!!!!!!!

Kedzie

I'm am vastly disappointed by two things:

- Mag Drills will not feature animations (because so much effort was spent animating catching a shotgun shell out of the chamber, smh)
- No Time-Consuming Healing feature (at all) 

If you're gonna cop-out on reload animations, at least enable functionality for timed healing, i.e. you can only heal from tab screen and have to sit there while the bar loads.  The foundation is already there with mag drills; how hard is it to implement for medical? 

I'm excited about two things:

- "All mod slots in Weapons inspector are now displayed on one screen without scrolling"
- "Added missing numeric values to weapons characteristics"

AKA, simple QoL things that took longer than they should have to change.

I am skeptical about the implementation of M1A.  As much as I'd love to make it my go-to rifle, it'll probably be insanely expensive and cost-inefficient. 

I also don't know when we're supposed to be getting the flea market or community stashes.  It's a pain going through a wipe and having to trade items by "RMB + Discard".  

Maverick V6
1 hour ago, Kedzie said:

Mag Drills will not feature animations (because so much effort was spent animating catching a shotgun shell out of the chamber, smh)

The Devs mentioned that they intend to add this. Currently they will be forcing us to use this in the tabbed menu. Difficulties they face is that they have to animate this functionality with a ton of different magazines. But they fully hope to make this a reality. They just need more time. 

1 hour ago, Kedzie said:

No Time-Consuming Healing feature (at all) 

Also inbound. Not necessarily with this update but soon. 

Kedzie

I know, I know....I just....I was expecting more.  Three months since last wipe and all we get is 1 significant gameplay change, a new PVP map (blergh), a couple new guns, and a handful of minor UI improvements.  I was hoping for a lot more in terms of mechanics.  I want this game to feel more like Tarkov, and less like RB6S.