Sign in to follow this  
HornyHornet

2 graphic cards

HornyHornet

So right now i have a radeon r9 390 8gb graphics card. What I'm looking to do is buy a second one to add to my build. Now I no the basics but other than that I'm pretty hopeless with the technical side of things.

Now I know you can bridge two graphic cards together. But not sure on my options

I think my Asus Intel Rampage V Extreme USB 3.1 Motherboard can support it. 

Another thing is im struggling to find another r9 390 so can I buy a similar one to do the job?

Any thing would be a huge help.

SkullCracker

Keep an eye out for one here. Good place for used and even new PC stuff. Also, don't see a problem running Crossfire on your MB.

55GHz

Your motherboard is a beast. It will run Crossfire[AMD] or SLI[Nvidia]

There are plenty of R9 390's on flEbay. If i remember correctly the R9 390 / 390x are very power hungry cards, so make sure your power supply can manage 2 of them, plus the rest of your rig.  The card came out mid 2015 and being that it is still a beast, it is hot, power hungry and heavy. Just weigh your options. If you find a second card cheap enough and your power supply can run it, give it a shot. For me, crossfire and sli have always been good in some games and not so good in others. Today i just run a single card that is big enough for my needs and my monitor resolution.

r9 390 ebay.PNG

ProphetBeal
17 hours ago, HornyHornet said:

Another thing is im struggling to find another r9 390 so can I buy a similar one to do the job?

Any thing would be a huge help.

AMD Crossfire doesn't require the cards to be the same, so you could always grab a newer card (if you could find one at a decent price).

As to buying used cards, be careful as if the card could have been used for crypto mining 

• Like 1