Sign in to follow this  
SkullCracker

'PUBG' developer considers region locking for smoother gameplay

Reverence

Whatever they do to provide smoother gameplay and reduce cheaters is a welcomed change :)

Lukasl33t

I'm not a fan of this, if they introduce region locking I will no longer be able to play with NA Players. The problem with gameplay isn't caused by ping it's created by their poor everything clientside netcode perhaps they should learn a thing or two from Battlefield 64 Player servers.

Trunkz Jr

they should allow people to choose if they want to include regions into the match, so that NA ppl can choose to play with euros but not with oceanic players or visa versa, and what Lukas said, they earned over half a billion dollars on this game, they really should invest some back with top programmers to fix and better the game...

M0710NM4N
Posted (edited)

From how I read a couple articles, IF (and I don't hold my breath with this company) they opt for this... it would still allow players from other regions to play together. Basically you would need at least one person from that region. So if for example 3 EU players wanted to connect to NA servers, they would just need a single NA player within their squad.

So far I'm not impressed with how this company has handled a lot of things and because of that has kind of soured my taste for this kind of game style. Not enough focus on dealing with the overwhelming amount of mostly Chinese cheaters. Then there is the issue with how a player is done for the night but forgets to leave the squad and instead of adding either an option to kick a player from squad or make it auto disconnect when that person exits the game, they worry about making even more profits by adding more pay crates, weapon skins and literally useless emotes.

Edited by HarryNutz
  • Like 1