Sign in to follow this  
55GHz

BF1 Kill Tips?

55GHz   
55GHz

Kind of new to Battlefield 1 and just wondering what i am doing wrong?

I am a decent medic but my kill count is always way below our other guys.

Just trying to get some tips on how to up my kill count.

Thanks in advance.

[UWS] 55GHz

Brien   
Brien

Well first you gotta find what kind of style of play you like, like are you aggressive vs. passive? what kind of guns do you like, automatic with low damage or semi automatic with high damage? Etc, etc. Plus you still have time to learn the maps and where to go/not go. If you play on being a medic I would get the perk that when you spot a downed teammate a smoke pops so you die less when you revive people. Also with regards to that is that you need to clear the area before you revive and not just rush to revive and die. Gun wish i like the selbstlader marksman for longer range maps for plinking guys and the federov for shorter range maps, but again this is preference.

• Thanks 1

55GHz   
55GHz

Yeah i am learning that rushing in to revive gets me and the other party killed most of the time. I am starting to be a little more aggressive and my kills are going up. I just noticed the perks are even there so i will work on that. Thanks for the tips!

Blueberryjam   
Blueberryjam

I am an aggressive flag taker. I never hang back and just push forward and keep moving. So I normally play assault, but will swap into support or medic if need be. For medics, you want to get the full auto rifle from the Russian DLC. That will help you in closer combat vs the others.

You have to get a feel for the game and the type of player you want to be.

• Thanks 1

55GHz   
55GHz

I have all the DLC so i'm thinking your talking about the Federov ? If so, that is my favorite gun so far. Thanks for the tips and i enjoy playing with you guys. Even though i'm not the best player yet, i still feel welcome.

SecretSquirrel43   
SecretSquirrel43

I rock medic full time pretty much so hopefully I can help you out with some tips:

1.  In general the high capacity weapons are much more forgiving and allow for greater killing. The seblstlader, farquhar-hill, howell automatic, and federov are all good examples of this. While a gun like the Autoloading 8 .35 may have a very fast TTK, a 3 shot kill with only 5 round capacity doesn't give you much room. The mondragon is slightly better with 10 rounds, but after playing with the 20+ round guns they all feel like a huge handicap.
  2. Learn what fights to take and what fights you should try to avoid.  Unless you are using the federov, most assaults/supports can beat you close range, and they still can even if you are using the federov. A medic is meant to be more mid-range, but I realize you can't control every engagement.
  3. Don't be afraid to use your sidearm. I personally use the seblstlader as my main medic gun due to its guaranteed 3 shot kill at any range, be it 5 meters or 500. However this gun has a rather slow TTK and you will lose up close. However the Auto Revolver secondary is a 2 shot kill up close and can easily catch people off guard with its power. Sometimes it is better if you know they are coming to just switch to your secondary.
  4. In general, knowing the maps and where people should be depending on what points they have etc is a great help in getting your kills up. The only way to really get this down is to just play more and more.
  5. Always use the medic pouches, and the second you aren't taking fire throw those puppies down. If an enemy runs behind cover and you took dmg, wait before chasing and throw a pouch to heal yourself. As a medic its a crime to be starting an engagement with < 100 health.
  6. As mentioned above, the concealed rescue specialization is great for both reviving squad mates, and can let you flank or get the advantage without them knowing it.
  7. Target selection - if a group of enemies are coming at your position: shoot the one that is looking directly at you first, then the others.
  8. Another general thing - practice your aim. Not really any tips but find whats comfortable and play play play

That is all I can think of for now.. if you have any medic questions feel free to ask, I'd like to consider myself an expert.

• Thanks 1

55GHz   
55GHz

Hey thanks. All very good info here.  Knowing the maps helps out a lot. I am learning them quickly.  My go to guns have been the Federov and the Farquhar-hill.  The Farquhar is very under rated IMO. I find myself shooting far out with it and its pretty damn accurate. I used the medic crates when i first started now i have been using pouches. My next thing is getting the perks and learning my sidearms a little more.

SecretSquirrel43   
SecretSquirrel43

Oh yah idk why some people think the farquhar isn't good, if only it had a scope (sigh). Handguns are pretty similar to each other, I prefer the higher dmg revolvers but it's all preference. If you really are confident in your aim, the obrez is a one shot kill if your <10m from enemy. Though if you miss you're pretty much dead with the bolt action.

• Thanks 1

discopanda   
discopanda

Bait teammates for ez kills

• Haha 1

Lonewolvez   
Lonewolvez

shoot me a friend request on Origin or find me in the TS, we can play around together and what not

• Thanks 1