Sign in to follow this  
SkullCracker

Need help with something

SkullCracker

Wife got her self s new job. So they are buying her a laptop so she can work from home. They asked her what she wanted and said I must ask my man first, she did and I have no clue. So if anyone has some ideas on a very good business laptop please share them.

I looked at this one but it's a 2017 version. https://www.pcmag.com/review/352808/hp-elitebook-x360-1030-g2

Something like that with better storage.

Thanks.

Ackelby

Are you looking for any specific screen size or options? Screen size makes a difference for what field the computer is used in, ie. a longer or wider screen (16:9, 4:3).  The other options include if you want it to be a folding screen so you can use it as a tablet with a stylus (great for reading and pictures).  HDD or SDD size does not play a big part on the laptop to choose.  If you decide on touchscreen, speed, and screen size then picking becomes easier as it will narrow most results down to a good brand name (ASUS, Dell, HP, Acer), then it turns into your budget.

• Like 1

ProphetBeal

IF she is going to be working directly off the laptop screen I'd go with at least a 15 inch screen. I have a HP EliteBook 850 i use for work and have found the keyboard to be mushy and at times difficult to type on. That being said most of the time I plug in a full sized keyboard and mouse so it's rarely an issue for me. Aside from the keyboard issue, I think the HP EliteBooks are great, been using mine for about 3 years now and haven't had any sort of problems. 

• Like 1

SkullCracker

I'll take a look at the HP Elitebooks series and maybe even ACER. Just want something that will serve her well. Since she can work from home whenever she wants I want a good quality laptop.

CA8OOS3
Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, SkullCracker said:

I'll take a look at the HP Elitebooks series and maybe even ACER. Just want something that will serve her well. Since she can work from home whenever she wants I want a good quality laptop.

Quality for non gaming I would go either hp elite book or Lenovo thinkpad... I would make sure it’s paired with at least an i5 with a nice ssd... now for quality that is gaming I really enjoy my origin laptop which is a Clevo Chassis with a desktop cpu in it... my origin has a 6700k 32gb ram, 250gb Samsung 850 pro and a 1 tb 7200rpm 2.5in drive with a gtx 980m in it...but strictly for work refer to the first part of the post. Congrats on the job for the wife!!

added note if you want something with great battery life then look at the LG Gram 2018 l.. super nice and I believe has something like a 9hr battery

Edited by CA8OOS3

SkullCracker
Posted (edited)

They ordered it today. Thing is I don't know what it is. And the whole asking her what she wanted made no sense. But the owners from what I've been told are gun loving, good times, big on family and God-fearing Patriots, my kind of people. They take care of those they employ very well.

Edited by SkullCracker
  • Like 1