Sign in to follow this  
Geariko

Should I buy the Standalone, ARMA II mod, or is there a ARMA III mod?

Geariko

Side note before I continue this post. If this is posted in the wrong place, please DM me and let me know. I have zero forum experience and sometimes I just make mistakes like that.

To the point quickly, I've been playing Escape From Tarkov for awhile, and I've heard a lot of Tarkov players used to or still do play, DAYZ. And a little googling later and im interested in getting into it. 

So if someone wanted to get into DAYZ, should I get the ARMA II mod? The standalone version? And if possible is there a ARMA III mod?

HornyHornet

As of right now it's a tricky question. DayZ at the minute is waiting on a huge update which hasn't been given a date yet. Until it does allot of players are holding off. We have a hand full on teamspeak who do still play if you jump into there channel. 

Geariko

It would appear it got decided for me. It seems the link is broken to access ARMA II on steam. 

Geariko

Sounds good then. It seems that they are revealing .63 right now? However the stream seems a bit weird, Watching Kotton react to it.

Filleh
Posted (edited)

ArmA 3 has something called Exile which is a survival mod kinda, and the people that host the servers usually put in zombie mods so it feels like dayz. DayZ SA is still a good game, i enjoy it alot. Im just saying in ArmA 3 you can do much more with mods in the game. Also ArmA 2 would be a waste since they dont have as many players left on the dayz servers.

Edited by Filleh

dragonslayer0531

I am a fan on SA.   If you have never played it and you decide to get it, let me know and I will show you the ropes.  I love DayZ and am beyond excited for Beta.  But as Trunkz said, it will be more expensive after Beta is released.

dragonslayer0531

Didn't realize this.  Might actually have to get ARMA 3 then.  I've been planning on waiting for ARMA 4.

• Like 1

dragonslayer0531

Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to get it right now.  I will look into it more once I start my summer internship @SkullCracker

dragonslayer0531

DoD contracting with Lockheed Martin, specifically weapon systems.  Other than that, I haven't been told.

• Like 1

dragonslayer0531

Thank ya!