Sign in to follow this  
macgregor1964

TS force game from full screen to windowed?

macgregor1964

While in BF , game becomes windowed from full screen , and has a random TS member description box on windowed screen. Has been happening more over the last few days. Multiple members report experiencing the same issue. Not sure if it is related to admin channel testing or creation..? Noticed a TS test channel created/deleted from lockable channel group at roughly the time game windowed. Annoying as hell in the middle of a good battle. Any ideas/fix would be much appreciated.

PointNumber12

turn off certain notifications or overlay while playing bf?  

macgregor1964
Posted (edited)

Not using Overwolf overlay . "turn off certain notifications"?? (which exactly) . That was the first thing we thought of , and looked but couldn't find any applicable .

Edited by macgregor1964

PointNumber12

I"m not sure to be honest.   It was just a suggestion... can you post a screeny next time it happens?

YchopperY

Ill see if I can duplicate the problem @macgregor1964, if its a TS issue then we can ask @MistDreamer to fix it right away. 

• Like 1

macgregor1964

Thanks for the input Point and Chopper.  I think you guys and us are on the right track, yet we don't know for sure . I have posted a screen shot the last time it occured. I will try to find it and repost. It has not happened for a few months now but happened last fri and sat night . You know when you hover over a members name in TS it shows the small rectangle box with player name and time spent in TS. That is what shows up in the windowed game screen.

PointNumber12

I got ya.  I wonder if you might be doing a TS key bind and not realizing you are doing it?  

• Like 1

macgregor1964

Untitled.png

macgregor1964

Thats the screen shot of the issue. Just to be clear Point , this is happening to more than just myself , so i don't think we all have a key bind issue.Although at this point i guess anything is possible..

Rin

What happens if u go fullscreen windowed / borderless? Also what windows.

macgregor1964

I thought about doing that as well, but my system is so old game would be pretty much unplayable...Windows 7 home premium..

macgregor1964

Just an update.Happened again last night Mon Mar 12 8pm pst. That's 4 days in a row the game has windowed while playing. AArgh.  Could be just a bug in origin.Trying a BF forum fix by turning off achievement notifications. ( the forum said nothing about TS box ? ) Not sure how that would cause the TS description box to show up. This is affecting some of us in BF so i will keep this post updated and open to suggestions. I appreciate all the input.

macgregor1964

@MistDreamer any ideas. happening every time i play now..The fact that the TS description box is showing up (shown in screenshot , prior post) leans me to a TS issue. 

macgregor1964

Thanks @YchopperY turned off. Fingers crossed..;)

MistDreamer

Never had that issue

Rin

Seems like something is taking explicit control of your system and puts on front screen TS (which can cause alt tabbing). Remove all plugins that you have manually activated for TS and this should stop happening.

macgregor1964
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rin said:

Seems like something is taking explicit control of your system and puts on front screen TS (which can cause alt tabbing). Remove all plugins that you have manually activated for TS and this should stop happening.

Hey Rin i am not very familiar with TS. I used discord until i got here. Where do i find the plugins to manually deactivate .  Thx  found it in options >addons>plugins I removed all plugins ,except one at the top that says ...

Control

TeamSpeak Systems GmbH

Version: 1.2

Provides an interface to control the TeamSpeak 3 client from another application.

This plug in is disabled but i do not see anywhere to remove delete or uninstall. Maybe that one is unable to remove etc??

Edited by macgregor1964
  • Like 1

Rin

Some plugins cant be removed they come by default. Thought u had a notification system.

If on windows 10 disable its notifications and turn on quiet hours on your bottom right

l-RUSE-|
On 3/13/2018 at 12:31 AM, macgregor1964 said:

I thought about doing that as well, but my system is so old game would be pretty much unplayable...Windows 7 home premium..

1 hour ago, Rin said:

If on windows 10 disable its notifications and turn on quiet hours on your bottom right

Rin
30 minutes ago, l-RUSE-| said:

Yep i read it the other day but forgot. Its also a reference for other people tho!

macgregor1964

RUSE i am on Windows 7 Home Premium....Update: Just played 5 games in a row and so far no issue. Seems like Rin's solution ( plugins ) might be working.  I will see if it lasts for a few more sessions and update the thread. Chopper also made a good suggestion of turning off the mouse hover function. Its an annoying cycle anyway. After i am sure this is worked out , i will enable the hover function again ( for a few days ) and see if it causes any issues.Just for our own info. Thank you all for the help..