Minos

BF 2018 Trailer is Underway, what do you want to see?

Minos   
Minos

https://www.youtube.com/user/MathChief11/community 

Glad to see we will find out fairly soon.  I don't really care what setting it is so long as the game is good.  Wouldn't mind an alt Cold War era or  Vietnam though.  I think they'e a good mix between historic and modern with little lock-ons.   

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

While I know some here like BF1, I didn't. And it seems from player stats I'm not alone. The era, the game-play mechanics, I don't know, it just wasn't Battlefield to me. 

Honestly, the game needs to come back to the bad company route. Destruction must be brought back. That was one of the greatest things brought forward to the BF franchise, especially in Rush mode. The levelution stuff is garbage and I hope that goes. Maps must be catered for specific game modes. Not taking conquest maps and splicing off terrible parts for Rush or CQC modes.

Honestly, I'd be content with just BFBC2 re-made with the newest iteration of the engine and more maps. :confused:

• Like 3

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr

latest?cb=20160824213448

Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, Please don't be WW2, 

• Like 1

drasik   
drasik

I hope It takes place in VietnamImage result for vietnam door gunner

• Like 1

Brien   
Brien

I would like the customization of guns/classes to return. I know WW1 didn't really have things like larger magazines or suppressors but if I could make a new BF I would make it like BF3 with every gun have several things you can change(or like how guns are in PUBG). Map design is a big thing for me as well as BF1 was pretty hit and miss for maps especially the updates (i think i like maybe 2 or 3 maps ) that I paid extra for. Era wise I do not care, WW2 would be cool to return to BF1942 (this could be good with the ability to update old good maps ) or Vietnam which also was a good expansion for 42. I would also like a decent campaign like a BC2 as I would go back and play my favorite levels again and again. 

• Like 1

Larold   
Larold

I want either:

1) Battlefield Bad Company 3

2) Battlefield Vietnam 2

Nothing else will satisfy

• Like 2

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr
17 hours ago, Brien said:

WW2 would be cool to return to BF1942 (this could be good with the ability to update old good maps ) 

My only problem is that they just did WW1, and Call of Duty JUST did WW2, for them to go back to WW2 they are going back to following in the footsteps of CoD which isn't a good thing they should be setting the pace or keep different from CoD. So many BF fans seem to want BC3 it's almost inexcusable for them not give BF fans what they want.

one4u2nb   
one4u2nb

its confirmed, next BF will be WW2. sadlife :cryingmeme:

Larold   
Larold
53 minutes ago, one4u2nb said:

its confirmed, next BF will be WW2. sadlife :cryingmeme:

who confirmed this?

Trunkz Jr   
Trunkz Jr
48 minutes ago, Larold said:

who confirmed this?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/01/battlefield-2018-reportedly-set-in-ww2-called-battlefield-v

giphy.gif

I'll probably still get it as Battlefield is still my fav. series but I think this is a big mistake they should of done better listening to what people want. The only way they could redeem this is by giving players the destructible environment that people have been wanting since BC2.

Battlefield would also be following in the footsteps of Call of Duty, which returned to WW2 with Call of Duty: WW2 in 2017. IGN's Call of Duty: WW2 review said the game "offers a surprisingly fast-paced and fun World War II experience.

Just like I said up above they would be back to following CoD's footsteps, they did good with WW1 because nobody else has really done, sure WW2 offer better vehicles and weapons but players just played with these in CoD even if it's not BF with vehicles and teamwork it's still that same setting which might make players grow tired more quickly. Makes me think Battlefield is going to stick to the line of Era by Era games so WWI, WW2, Vietnam, Coldwar, Modern, Future, etc.

Com}{rade   
Com}{rade

Lol, they can't figure out why people enjoyed BF2142 and BFBC2. Absolute morons. Oh well.

Minos   
Minos

Yeah I remember a few months back a small YouTuber leaked info on the future titles.  Said there were two Battlefields in the making, BC3 and later he said WW2.  He gave some info on what WW2 would be like and said it would come out this year while BC3 would be out at a later date.  He's credible so far considering he leaked info about BF1 prior to its announcement and when you go back to that video today, it is almost exactly correct (even down to map names like Amiens).  

Here's the WW2 video (check his channel for his original BF1 leak and the BC3 video for the future) 

As for it going WW2, I don't really care.  In the video he mentions it will be similar to BF1 in that it will be WW2 with additional weapons that may have been prototypes and not used in actual combat, which I personally don't mind.  As long as the game has good gameplay, with a skill gap and good map design, I'll be happy.  I don't care if they are "following CoD's footsteps."  I think after all these years, this whole BF vs CoD thing is a bit dumb.  Like why does it really matter?   Yeah BF1 was also a WW game, but I mean I played BF3, 4, and even some hardline (lol)  for over 6 years and that was straight modern warfare.  I don't really mind this little hiatus with the more historic wars.  Not to mention  BF and CoD have much different types of gameplay and I don't think it being in the same era really matters especially when I think DICE has a great chance to execute it better than CoD.  

My only concern is that of the campaign.  Like can we take a fucking break from this constant Saving Private Ryan video game edition campaigns?   It's getting really old.  How about we get a campaign from a unique perspective?  Like a German soldier forced to join Hitler's regime with no choice, or a Russian soldier forced to throw himself out into war?  Anything other than this constant American bad ass with the same old D-Day battle in each campaign.  Something new would be refreshing and the opportunity is there.  

Either way, I hope for the best.  If the game doesn't pan out, I have other game on my radar (especially Insurgency Sandstorm!) 

Zer0Wulf   
Zer0Wulf

I’m happy to see it go back to WW2 with all the improvements in gfx and sound design made since bf1942. Can’t wait to see what they do with it. I’m in for premium.

SecretSquirrel43   
SecretSquirrel43

Well I will still get it likely, WWII or whatever it is. While I don't exactly like it "following" COD, it is possible they were already started/decided on it before COD was announced. I wish they put a bit more effort into updates or dlc. The last BF1 stuff seemed kinda rushed and I would be much more happy with 3-4 years between games if it ensured really good game quality. 

frankieg92   
frankieg92

im really disappointed if this is the case i was hoping for BF Bad Company 3 although i will more then likely end up buying it ether way but just wanted BC3 ;(

• Like 1

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us