Sign in to follow this  
Com}{rade

How AP Rounds Affect Fort Armor - Current

Com}{rade

In case any are wondering, fort armor got hit hard on the initial update, and thankfully they took the appropriate criticism from the data provided by a select few who data mined and rolled back a bit on the hard fort nerf. 

ef0b8afbfd.png

Here's a really good read on the initial problem between how 7.4 fort behaved vs. the original fort:

Maverick V6

PACA and Fort where slightly adjusted with the most recent update. Armor damage and penatration values was also slightly adjusted with some ammunition. 

In general, BSG is working to better balance many things. It is sad to see how reactive people are when a slight adjustment is made. 

Was the TTK increased? Was Fort being destroyed at a faster rate? Yes. However, since that post and probably even prior BSG had made many different balancing server hot fixes that adjusted these armors all day yesterday. I think I saw at least 6 different changes to many of the armor types throughout the day. They are clearly trying to balance the armors in their current state. 

I don’t think a big PSA is needed as it isn’t like they made an adjustment and let it stay that way for months. This game is constantly being adjusted whether you notice the changes quickly enough or not. 

Deep breath, this game is still in development. A ton of things that we are accustomed to now will dramatically change in the not too distant future. Hold on to your butts, it will be a fun roller coaster ride of emotions. 

The Velvet Gentleman

Two things to remember: 

• Armor is not supposed to make you a tank. This is not PUBG.
  • The most effective round is the one that hits your target.
  • Like 1

Com}{rade

Relax. Fundamental changes happened to fort, even with old fort vs. now 7.5. I posted in the general EFT section regarding some stats on this as fundamental changes to armor and round damage go under the radar to a lot playing. What is this section for, if not for EFT related discussion.

Also @The Velvet Gentleman you can be one shot in pubg bud. You're going to be hard pressed to find the majorty of players wanting an even quicker ttk, at least from what I see. The point of fort wasn't to make you a tank. It was to allow enagments to last longer than 2 seconds by being able to soak some rounds when blind sided or repositioning.

Guys, its ok to discuss things and even criticize things in EFT. Without it, we'd be stuck with some bad design choices.

Ninegenerals
11 hours ago, Maverick V6 said:

Hold on to your butts,

No need for Triassic Park  references now :terror:  although looking at the new changes its getting better. not as good as being 1 shot by RSASS's and AKMS point blank through a fort :cryingmeme:

• Like 1

HighdefinitionHero

Im enjoying the armour update, granted it took me by suprise learning the hardway of the new limits, but it also lowers the value of fort, so now it isnt a "Prized" possesion. Probably BSG's way of trying to keep to realism and stop the leg meta being a thing.

• Like 1

Com}{rade
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, Ninegenerals said:

No need for Triassic Park  references now :terror:  although looking at the new changes its getting better. not as good as being 1 shot by RSASS's and AKMS point blank through a fort :cryingmeme:

7.62 is extremely viable now as far as AP is concerned. They definitely made it advantageous to run AKMs ect., over ak74ns. The 7.62 bp does 36 pen now, lol. I actually enjoyed veprs/akms even pre-update but it did seem very rarely used by most if they had access to just mod out a ak74n. 7.5 is at least better in the direction of changes, but no question like you said you can feel the difference. People seem to forget we don't have loads of armor yet with modular functions. You essentially have paca and fort.

14 hours ago, HighdefinitionHero said:

Im enjoying the armour update, granted it took me by suprise learning the hardway of the new limits, but it also lowers the value of fort, so now it isnt a "Prized" possesion. Probably BSG's way of trying to keep to realism and stop the leg meta being a thing.

There was an issue to some players beforehand that it was "too hard" to kill fort. Which of course, isn't the case for anyone using AP rounds, as anyone knows fort wasn't going to sponge those rounds whatsoever and ttk was still relatively short. The problem was the under geared players were unloading into fort players and doing little to nothing. But what they initially did in 7.4, was just overall nerf it's protection from AP, so all it did was just make it worse for geared vs. geared fights using AP(very noticeably worse at that), and did essentially nothing for those average rounds, which was what the biggest complaint was from people.

What they did with 7.5 is a good step in the right direction. Everyone knows the game isn't final, but it is currently a closed beta game in which people play now and invest time in, which is why people care about it in the present. And of course, without the guys data mining and making constructive criticisms, things could go overlooked.