Sign in to follow this  
0xygenthief

Need Advice: Getting Kills in Shorline

0xygenthief

I need help folks. I am at the point in my tasks/quests that I have to get both scav and USEC kills in Shoreline.  Simple enough on the surface, I suppose.  However, I find myself getting more and more frustrated...

I have tried going in with a group in the hopes the added backup will keep me alive longer, which it does.  However, I wind up with zero kills as everyone else runs ahead and kills everything in sight, even after asking everyone if I can take the shots for the tasks...  I get it, no one wants to carry a new player, the high risk and no reward bit is hard to accept.

To avoid that frustration I did what worked for me in the Woods map: go in at night and try to get all the kills needed.  Only it hasn't panned out the way I had hoped.  Woods isn't a small map but it has some terrain that masks movement when approaching hot zones.

Shoreline is, IMO, much larger of a map with much less in the way of concealing terrain features when approaching hot zones.  Also, I tend to run in to far more fully kitted players on shoreline making low risk hatchet/pistol runs irrelevant unless I am going for loot. 

So I need some advice or perhaps lessons learned from the collective.  How did you all get past these tasks without dying a thousand times over?  Were there particular spots on the map you found to work better than others?

TheDemonKiller

What has worked for me for the scab kills as well as a few player kills is going into shoreline as a group. Heading up to the resort and I will cover the roof as well as much of the ground while the rest of the group move through the buildings. If you bring a large enough scope u can easily see down from the health resort down to the power plant as well as any other nearby hot spots. Doing it this way reduces the amount of loot you will get because the rest of the group will be securing the ground and the actual rooms of the resort while you provide overwatch.

If help is needed I am available  to play.

rustyneedle_uk

use a weapon like an SKS, ak74 with suppresser and sight or sights and pacca maybe a kiver, go into the raid with max 2 other people I prefer solo.

Play stealthy, use push camp high traffic zones. 

Sks will drop fast op core with 3 to head and 5 to 9 short fort with bp 7.62. best to hit him when he has no idea your there and at distance.

1 shot kiver and 3 to 5 shot pacca again distance is your friend but more forgiving in CQ situations.

Ak74 matches the sks stats. I have used bs rounds and regular drop forted guys. The auto mean CQ is much for forgiving. But again Surprise is best. Hit hard and fast then flank around to a new position require, hit hard and repeat. I wipe squads like this.

Customs, Its a bring your own gear and work with what you have.

Woods, longer range setups work nicely in this map.

Shoreline, anything goes. Run to resort grab an ak74 or akm from a room or corridor and load it with the ammo you take in your gamma container.(hint pistol container) Your now a real threat with zero risks to your own stash. 

On all maps. Take a pistol drop a scav. Take his weapon and put the pistol in your pistol container in your gamma. You're a threat and again a very little risk to your stash.

add on

I find I get my sks back all the time as people prefer fully auto weapons other weapon systems to a under estimated sks

HighdefinitionHero

Rusty is right, if you want we can do duo's maybe later tonight I will bring literally items i would generally throw away so you wont have to worry about me losing anything and work on getting you them kills. I can show you some sneaky cheeky breeky camping spots that can work quite well too.

Also on shoreline you can get some decent battles at spawn if you spawn at the town, i find most of the time you can end up having a battle before you even leave the area.

0xygenthief

I got into a game with The Demon Killer last night.  He had an awesome round.  8 Bear kills and 2 USEC along with several Scavs.  I had a few Scav kills but no player kills.  I have to go it alone I am afraid.

I'll coordinate with you all to determine good places to camp for some low-risk solo USEC kills.

TheDemonKiller

Yea man . Sorry about that. If ya wanna try some more runs , I’ll try not to kill everything...