Sign in to follow this  
jprice13b

any help plz

jprice13b   
jprice13b

so all my hard drives got fucked and deleted my OS and I was wondering if there is a way to format the hard drives to where they are like how they were when I bought them new with out the OS. I can't reinstall the OS cuz my pc freezes when I try to reinstall and can't do anything thanks!!!

raingod   
raingod

I believe when you insert your Windows CD, you are given an opportunity to format the drive.  You just need to make sure you change the boot sequence in your bios, F`10 or del key when computer is starting to access bios.   Change boot sequence and put the CD rom first in the chain of device to boot up from.  Then insert your windows cd into the cd rom and restart your machine.

• Like 1

jprice13b   
jprice13b

see I'll have to use a usb drive since I don't have a CD drive 

ProphetBeal   
ProphetBeal
8 hours ago, jprice13b said:

so all my hard drives got fucked and deleted my OS and I was wondering if there is a way to format the hard drives to where they are like how they were when I bought them new with out the OS. I can't reinstall the OS cuz my pc freezes when I try to reinstall and can't do anything thanks!!!

so if there is an issue with a secondary hard drive that is preventing you from installing your OS on your main drive, you can just unplug the power connector or sata connector from that drive. 

If the problem is that your main drive is causing your pc to crash, I wouldn't try to re-install an OS on a drive that's failing. I'd see if the drive is still warranted or just buy a new drive. 

As RainGod said above you should be able to delete any hard drive from the Windows installer (USB and CD both work the same)

• Like 1

jprice13b   
jprice13b

oh alright I'll give that a try 

SkullCracker   
SkullCracker

What they said and one more. When you install Windows just make sure you have one drive connected. Once Windows is installed connect the other two drives and do this. Right-click on the Windows icon. Click on Disk management, find the drives and right click on them. A window will pop up allowing you to format the drives. Obviously, your main drive will be C drive so finding them won't be a problem.

Have any questions let me know or even those who posted before me. And would have responded last night but I was all medicated, sleep meds. You would have had me telling you that the Carberator was the problem, not cool.

Good luck.

Edited by SkullCracker

jprice13b   
jprice13b

yea I'm tracking about only plugging in one ssd. but now my other issue is that when I try to Install Windows my PC just freezes up and can't do shit to it but restart it and will continue to freeze 

SkullCracker   
SkullCracker

Sounds like a memory issue. Pull all sticks of memory out and put one back in. Try installing Windows and see if it happens again. Do that with each stick if you can. I know it sucks but must eliminate that as being a problem. And with all my years of building and fixing PC's memory is where I always start.

If ya want I can give you my number and I can walk you through things. Just don't go posting it up on some gay midget website..lol.

Edited by SkullCracker

jprice13b   
jprice13b

yea I think today I'm just gonna go to the computer store where I got my shit at and they will clean my ssd's and hdd and put Windows back on it and it will be like 30 bucks 

Snipetrocity   
Snipetrocity

I have a USB drive with windows 10. If you have a windows CS-key you can go to windows website and can download the program to the USB the click the programe and ill tell you what you like to do.

SkullCracker   
SkullCracker
4 hours ago, jprice13b said:

yea I think today I'm just gonna go to the computer store where I got my shit at and they will clean my ssd's and hdd and put Windows back on it and it will be like 30 bucks 

$30, for that price I'm surprised they're still in business. Any PC shop here will charge over $100 for that. I charge $65 for a Windows install which is cheap. I just recently turned someone away because I was busy and out of town. They needed their files recovered from their PC. The local shit PC shop charged her $400 when I do it for $200. You better buy those guys some lunch if they do it that cheap.

Wish ya best with things.

jprice13b   
jprice13b

yea I know the dude but he is looking at it and had to do a hard bios reset and now it's giving him a 4c error on the MB which mean reserved

jprice13b   
jprice13b

so found out that one of my ram sticks are bad :cryingmeme:

SkullCracker   
SkullCracker
23 hours ago, SkullCracker said:

Sounds like a memory issue. Pull all sticks of memory out and put one back in. Try installing Windows and see if it happens again. Do that with each stick if you can. I know it sucks but must eliminate that as being a problem. And with all my years of building and fixing PC's memory is where I always start.

I figured that was the problem.

jprice13b   
jprice13b

I just don't want to buy a new set of sticks but only one is good and I'm down to 8gb of ram 

Edited by jprice13b

SkullCracker   
SkullCracker

DDR3-DDR4 and who makes it.

jprice13b   
jprice13b

DDR4 and and PNY

SkullCracker   
SkullCracker
37 minutes ago, jprice13b said:

DDR4 and and PNY

Contact them and have the sticks replaced with new ones.

Edited by SkullCracker

jprice13b   
jprice13b

got my pc back today with only 8gb ram and hopefully it will run PUBG fine 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us